Your Weekly AI Breakdown
New Mind-Expanding Tools, News & Videos For The Week
I just returned from the annual SIGGRAPH conference in Los Angeles. This was my first time attending and it was an amazing week filled with the brightest minds in computer graphics and emerging technologies. They shared their latest research, demoed new tech, and networked with other enthusiasts. I learned so much and met some incredible people. I also got some insider information on where computer graphics and AI are heading. In the next couple weeks, once I organize all my footage, I'll be creating a video breaking down everything from the event.
SIGGRAPH wasn't the only big event last week. There was also AI4 in Las Vegas. With multiple tech events happening, there were lots of exciting AI announcements too. Some of the biggest came from Jensen Huang's SIGGRAPH keynote, including new superchips, Omniverse updates, their AI Workbench launch, and a partnership with Hugging Face. Overall, an exciting week pushing AI forward.
Here’s your TLDR of what you might have missed in the world of AI and future tech this week…
Thank You To This Week’s Sponsor!
35% Net Return + A.I. Rally = 56,000 Happy Investors
The AI revolution has flooded Wall St, and it looks like the stock market may finally be back… but for one platform the action never stopped.
In fact, over the last year Masterworks’ art investing platform has racked up double-digit exits for +10%, +17%, and even +35% net returns. Their 15th exit was just days ago, for a return even higher than +35%!
It sounds unbelievable, but contemporary art has outpaced the S&P 500 for the last 27 years by an impressive 136%. Including their recent exit, Masterworks has sold over $45 million worth of art, the net proceeds paid out to everyday investors who didn’t need millions, or an art degree.
Masterworks has over $800mm AUM, and some new offerings have sold out in minutes. But Future Tools readers skip the waitlist here.
See important disclosures at masterworks.com/cd
🛠️ 5 Amazing Future Tools
1. Nexus - Clay: Nexus is an AI-powered tool from Clay that acts as a personal network navigator, providing relationship advice and recommendations based on the context of a user's connections and interactions within their Clay account. It aims to augment human thoughtfulness in relationships by suggesting relevant actions like gift ideas, meeting summaries, and more to help users be better friends, colleagues, and networkers.
(Free & Paid Plans)
2. MatchTune: Studio is an AI-powered music licensing tool that leverages artificial intelligence to automatically find and recommend the perfect pre-cleared songs to fit the theme, tone, and length of your videos. With a library of over 2 million high-quality, licensed tracks, Studio's smart search filters and AI matching algorithms quickly surface song suggestions tailored specifically to your video content.
(Free & Paid Options)
3. Record Once: This AI-powered video creation tool allows you to quickly record a raw video demo of your product, and then uses artificial intelligence to automatically edit and polish the footage into a professional, mistake-free tutorial in minutes. It understands your app interface to seamlessly remove typos, miscues, and retakes. The tool also adds features like voiceovers, graphics, and text guides with no extra effort required. Teams can collaborate with consistent branding and instant access to up-to-date videos.
(Paid / Has Free Trial)
4. Picogen: Picogen offers API integration to generate images from text using top AI models like Midjourney, Stable Diffusion, and DALL-E 2, but is not affiliated with the official MidJourney. It enables developers to easily leverage these leading generative AI tools to turn words into vivid visuals through a straightforward interface and pay-per-use pricing. Picogen provides a way to integrate state-of-the-art AI image creation into any app or workflow without an official MidJourney API.
5. Mindsera: Mindsera is an AI-powered journaling app that serves as a personal thinking coach and gym for the mind, providing users with mentorship, frameworks, and analysis to improve their mindset, cognitive skills, mental health, and overall mental fitness. Key features include thought pattern analysis, summaries, original AI artworks, voice transcription, chatbot coaching, and a growing library of mental models.
(Free & Paid Options)
🗞️ AI News & Articles
SIGGRAPH Special Address: NVIDIA CEO Brings Generative AI to LA Show - NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang announced major generative AI updates at SIGGRAPH including the next-gen Grace Hopper GH200 superchip for complex workloads, NVIDIA AI Workbench to simplify enterprise AI adoption, the NVIDIA Enterprise 4.0 software suite for large-scale AI deployment, and big advances in Omniverse with new integrations, capabilities like ChatUSD, and contributions to the OpenUSD universal 3D format. Huang also unveiled powerful new RTX professional GPUs and systems for developers. Overall, NVIDIA is bringing together its latest innovations in AI, graphics, simulation and infrastructure to usher in the era of generative AI.
OpenAI launches web crawler 'GPTBot' amid plans for next model: GPT-5 - OpenAI has launched a new web crawler called GPTBot that can index website content to potentially improve future AI models like ChatGPT. Though GPTBot will avoid private and illegal content, site owners can block it with a simple command. This comes as OpenAI filed a trademark for "GPT-5," the expected next iteration after GPT-4, though the CEO said it is still far from being developed. This will likely mean that GPT-5 will not have a knowledge cutoff date. Instead it will be constantly updating as the bot scrapes and adds new data to the model.
U.S. Bans Future Investments in Chinese AI, Semiconductor, and Quantum Computing - President Biden signed an executive order restricting future U.S. investments in certain Chinese technology sectors like AI, semiconductors, and quantum computing to prevent American money from aiding China's military and technological growth. Motivation is over concerns that investments could inadvertently boost innovations that compromise U.S. national security. The order enables the Treasury Secretary to limit investments and takes effect next year. China strongly opposes the move, saying it disrupts economic cooperation and trade.
📺️ Must-Watch Videos
Sponsored: The Mindvalley AI Summit 2023 ended last month. It featured real-world applications of AI from innovative CEOs and leading-edge AI experts. However, you can now grab the recordings for just $99.
I’m going to be co-hosting a panel and participating in other panels at the Artificial Conference in Los Angeles on August 16th and 17th. Come hang out!
I’m looking for an additional editor / team member. If you think you might be interested you can find details here.
💰️ A Money Idea To Try
Sell AI Services on Fiverr:
Fiverr recently added an entire AI section to their website for people that want to sell services related to artificial intelligence.
You can be a MidJourney artist, DALL-E artist, Stable Diffusion Artist. You can create AI applications for people. You can train models for people, make AI music videos, do AI content editing, or even do fact checking for people.
This is some of the lowest hanging fruit to start earning some money with AI right away and it’s on a platform that’s welcoming you to sell this kind of thing with open arms.
Create a free account over on Fiverr, round up the best images you’ve created with your favorite AI art tool, and create a portfolio on Fiverr.
You can create multiple gigs on there as well. So, if you want to spread the deck and increase your chances of earning, create a gig for MidJourney art, a gig for Stable Diffusion art, a gig for DALL-E art, a gig for content editing, and a gig for any other AI skill you’ve built up.
Let your AI freelance empire begin!
Thanks for checking out this week's Future Tools newsletter!
And don't forget to check out all of the newest tools we've just added on Future Tools!
Finally, if you have any feedback for me or ideas for this newsletter, get in touch! Replying to these emails will get to me and I will read all replies (but may not be able to reply to all). I want to improve this and continue to make it something that you're super excited about each week. So all ideas are welcome!
You rock! See ya next week. :)
Matt Wolfe (FutureTools.io)
P.S. This email was 95% written by a human. Claude checked my grammar for me.